Why to Secure Your Website With HTTPS Protocol
Do you know, Now the Google shows all Non-SSLcertified websites as ‘Not Secure Website’? This means if your website is not certified with SSL, then you may lose your customer's trust. The SSL certificates help you to protect all data of your website. Paid SSL certificates are expensive. So, if you are at the initial level or want to make a DIY website for your business, then you can go with a low cost certificates. There are many ways available to get free SSL certificates for your website.
HTTPS stands for Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure; it is an internet communication protocol. The protocol protects the confidential information between site and user. Every user expects a secure and private experience when they are using your website. If you are using a little padlock in the address bar of your web browser, that means you have a secure website.
The HTTPS provides three key layers of protection.
· Provide security by encrypting the exchanged data to keep it secure from hackers. Which means when any user browsing your website, then nobody can track their activities on multiple pages or steal their information?
· The HTTPS provides Data Integrity, so data can’t be corrupted or modified during the transfer.
· HTTPS protocols also offer Authentication, with the help of authentication users communicate with the intended website. So that users can trust on your website.
The HTTPS protocols help to protect your business and users. If your website is not secured with HTTPS protocols it means that all the data submitted through your website can be intercepted and misused by anyone. So to protect your website from hackers you have to use SSL and HTTPS for security.
To confirm whether your website is secured or not with HTTPS or SSL protocols you can check it by two steps.
1. First, check the SSL certificate is properly installed on your server.
2. Make sure, that all pages of your site, are being too forced to redirect to the latest HTTPS versions of URL’s.
To Set HTTPS in your website you just have to follow some steps:
Ø Host your website with a dedicated IP address.
Ø Purchase an SSL certificate.
Ø Activate the SSL Certificate.
Ø After Activation, you need to install the certificate.Congratulations! Now you can update your site with the use of HTTPS.